Government Internet Strategies
What are you doing to engage your citizen and involve them in running the government?
- How are you using social media to involve your constituents in solving the issues your department wrestles with every day?
- What Internet strategies do you have to enable you to communicate the good things you are doing?
- How are you using Web 2.0 tools to make your constituents part of the solution?
You have an unbelievable opportunity to engage your citizens and use their expertise, knowledge and experience to make your community the best in the nation. You can do that by adopting an Internet strategy that moves beyond the administrative tools and services and one that uses the Internet to accomplish what our forefathers envisioned.
Communities run by the people!
Internet Strategies Group helps government organizations like yours, develop Internet strategies that use online community and social media to acquire volunteers and empower them to use their passion and expertise to create and manage community improvement initiatives and programs.
There are four immediate areas we can help with:
- Identify Internet strategies to acquire, retain and engage volunteers to assist your departments in accomplishing their goals.
- Adopt Web 2.0 tools to encourage your constituents to help manage their neighborhood and the city.
- Design and set up neighborhood online communities that include electronic neighbor hood watch programs, with a tie in to Homeland Security.
- Develop an email acquisition and email use policy for all departments so you can communicate more frequently at less cost.